[vc_row][vc_column][vc_custom_heading text=”Special Edition DIY: Hydrating Chocolate Face Mask” font_container=”tag:h2|font_size:75|text_align:left|color:%236d6d6d” google_fonts=”font_family:Lustria%3Aregular|font_style:400%20regular%3A400%3Anormal”][vc_column_text]This chocolate face mask is a real treat. The holiday season is upon us, the time of year can be stressful and a downright drag. And you don’t have to tell me that you’d rather just have a quiet time at home. You’re baking, cooking and hosting a gathering or bringing something to someone’s home. Ugh and don’t forget the traveling! This chocolate face mask is easy to make and is made by ingredients that can be found in your cupboards, and probably out being used right now.
But honestly, I believe that anyone can really enjoy the delight of smothering this all over your face. A perfect thing to do indoors in the dead of winter, with your friends or your favorite relative over the holiday season. The best part? You can lick your fingers if you make a mess. Oh! and it smells delicious.
Couple of things to keep in mind when using this chocolate face mask:
- Wear dark clothing. Especially something that you don’t mind dripping on. I was wearing a white sweater, and thought twice about taking it off. Glad I did. Turns out that the chocolate mixture can drip if you’re not careful.
- Tie hair back completely. Including a head band of sorts. Just like you would any face mask.
- Wash Face first. Remove all make-up.
- Use a clean, flat foundation brush. I bought one that I only use for face masks. Helps to smoothly glide the mixture
- Try not to eat it.
The cool feeling on the skin feels amazing. You’ll also enjoy how smooth and hydrated your skin feels. Click below on each heading to view more details of each section.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_custom_heading text=”DIY Chocolate Face Mask” font_container=”tag:h2|text_align:left|color:%23ce4238″ google_fonts=”font_family:Satisfy%3Aregular|font_style:400%20regular%3A400%3Anormal”][vc_tta_tour][vc_tta_section i_icon_fontawesome=”fa fa-heart” add_icon=”true” title=”Ingredients” tab_id=”1513573308560-c8b9d825-995e”][vc_column_text]1 Tsp Raw Cocoa Powder
1 Tsp Raw Honey
1 Tsp highest fat cream you have on hand or plain yogurt
(You can also add fine grind oatmeal)
Make more by using a tablespoon instead of a teaspoon.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section i_icon_fontawesome=”fa fa-file-text-o” add_icon=”true” title=”Instructions” tab_id=”1513573308588-3e7bc2b3-c9ec”][vc_column_text]Stir well till a thick consistency. When applying, avoid eye area. Stir with the brush in between applications. Leave on for 10-15 minutes. Rinse and pat dry. Follow up with a moisturizer. Consider using paper towel or a cloth that you don’t mind getting soiled. Keeps in the fridge for 1-2 days. You can mix this up and use this mask no more than twice a week.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][/vc_tta_tour][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
What are the benefits of the ingredients used in this recipe?
- What does cocoa powder do for the skin? It contains minerals and high levels of caffeine and act to firm the skin as well as help keep the skin clear and hydrated.
- What does Honey do for the skin? Honey is a humectant and helps to moisturize the skin
- What does Cream do for the skin? Cream/yogurt contains natural occurring lactic acid. Lactic acid is a form of alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) used in skin care to gently exfoliate the skin. This also results in smooth skin.
There are plenty of recipes on Pinterest that vary slightly. My advice if anything- don’t make a huge amount and make as you need.
I hope you enjoyed this! I know I sure did. This is going to be a staple mask to do at home.
Naturally Yours, Angie[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_cta h2=”Read About”]https://organgie.ca/defining-skin-essential-fatty-acid-anti-aging/[/vc_cta][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][/vc_column][/vc_row]